The Lunar Chronicles Review



The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer

I was thinking to do a review on each book but smhhhh who has the time? But I'll make sure you get a proper idea of the books without getting spoiled aah this is much work. Kiddinggg I love doing this. 

Plot: (NO SPOILERS)
The lunar chronicles is a spin-off on the classical fairy tales. 
Cinder- Cinderella
Scarlet- The little red riding hood
Cress- Rapunzel 
Winter- Snow White

Meyer has incorporated the fairy tales so subtly into the story that you won't realise the connection with the old fairy tales and the lunar chronicles until it has happened. I love how she puts this story in a future time line and yet it works well with the old stories. She also did not take the old fairy tales word to word, instead she added her own plot with just little similarities to the original stories. 

The first book, Cinder is about Linh Cinder who is half cyborg and stays with her step-mother and step-sisters. When her step-sister, Linh Peony is diagnosed of letumosis ( a terrible plague) , her step-mother, Linh Adri volunteers Cinder to become a part of the cyborg research team to find a cure for Letumosis (out of hatred of course). Cinder meets Prince Kaito, the prince of the Eastern Commonwealth. Queen Levana of Luna also comes in the picture. What happens next, you need to read and find out.

Book 2 : Scarlet

Scarlet's grandmother, Michelle is missing and she tries to find her with the help of Wolf, a street fighter who she falls in love with. Their paths cross with Cinder and her team and soo many interesting events happen in this book, you seriously need to read it.

Book 3 : Cress has been confined in a satellite for 9 years and she is also a hacking genius. She can hack into any systems from anywhere in the space. She gets sent to Earth for the first time with her ultimate crush, Captain Thorne. You've gotta read the book to find out how they get reconnected with Cinder and Scarlet.

Book 4: Princess Winter is Queen Levana's step-daughter who is suffering from Lunar sickness. She is very close to Jacin Clay who is also her personal guard. Again, just read this already.

Book 5: Fairest is the back story of Queen Levana and how she became who she is now. She's nasty.

Book 6: A collection of short stories which is about the back stories of the other main characters of this book.


Characters: The four girls of this series are all so different and yet work together so well. I've read a whole lot of stories where the main protagonist is a woman and she is potrayed as a strong kick-ass woman. This book however, shows them as women with many weaknesses and yet they manage to overcome it and kick-ass anyways. I can't talk more about the ladies without giving out spoilers. But you have to trust me when I say that I love these 4 women and wish I could be like them. And oh, android women are amazing too. (CoughIKOcough)

The four main boys, Prince Kai, Wolf (Ze'ev Kesley), Carswell Thorne and Jacin Clay. I never thought I could fall in love with 4 people at the same time but I did. I also thought it was impossible to fall in love with fictional characters but guess what! Anyhow, Meyer again created such beautiful love stories and just absolutely wonderful chemistry between these boys and their respective girls. It was amazing and totally impossible not to love. Their friendship is absolute goals too. 

Overall verdict: I love love love this series. It gave me a little of everything. It made me laugh, cry and also anxious. Meyer makes you fall in love with the characters and feel so much for them. I am so attached to the characters and THEY DON'T EXIST GAAAD. Meyer also has strewn the story into such a beautiful and intricate design which works amazingly. The way she connects the characters and events doesn't look too forced. The flow is undeniably smooth. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this and I strongly recommend y'all to read it too. I'd give it a 4.75/5.00. 


And also, if you have read this book, do let me know your thoughts in the comment box below so we can talk talk about this series. I'm going crazy cause no one around me has read this and I NEED TO TALK TO PEOPLE AND SHARE MY FEELINGS ON THIS BOOK GAH. Okay.
  Thanks for reading this. Follow me on twitter( @dpkaofficial) or on instagram (@fairlyodd_dpka) for more updates. 

Okay byee . 

With little bit of love,
Dheephikha

Share:

0 comments